Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What's It All About

Hello again...I just wanted to say (well, type) a few word about what The Library Larvae is all about. First, what is a library larvae. Think about it...it's a book worm!! LOL

Typically, there really isn't a true "book worm". There are many different kinds of larvae that feed on wood and since paper is made from wood, then it would only make sense that worms may find their way into a book to munch. True "book borers"are not very common, but if the book so happens to be near a supply of wood then there really isn't anything stopping the little soft-bodied creature to keep on going straight through the book. There are some louse-type critters that will feed off the stuff like mold and bacteria that will grow on book pages if they are left in damp places. Now there is a "bookworm" moth/larvae, but it is more interested in cotton and tobacco plants than in books. Anything that is paper is subject to little critters munching on it. Silverfish will dine on books as well. The popular term "bookworm" did come from the different critters found in books and refers to anyone who has their nose stuck in a book at all times. 

In my opinion...it's better to have your nose stuck in a book than in other people's business!

The Library Larvae is a blog that reviews, discusses and generally revolves around youth and teen literature. That's not meaning that there may never be any adult books too, but mostly younger books. This is a great time to be a young reader and I want to entice as many kids ESPECIALLY TEENS to pick up those books and read!!!!

Why do I love to read? Because I can be and I can do anything I want to in a book! I can go live on the moon or down into the depths of the ocean. I can be a rock star or I can be the new kid in town. I can have magical powers and the fate of the whole world can rest on my shoulders or I can find someone with the same thoughts and feelings that I have. Mostly importantly...I can be a vampire. LOL

The Library Larvae wants to make reading exciting and get those teens back into the library and book stores of the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment