Wednesday, November 18, 2015

For Funsies - Update


Amber Smoke
Book One: The Escaped
By Kristin Cast

Kristin Cast is way cool. If you have a Facebook account, then look her up. She posts often. This is Kristin's very first new series. She co-wrote the House of Night series with her mom, P. C. Cast. You don't know the House of Night series? Crawl out from under your rock and pick up the first book "Marked". OMG!! Loved it! I not only loved the whole series...I had to buy all the books. I'm not a regular book buyer because it gets me into trouble with the hubby. They kinda stack up quick. Anywoo!!..."The Escaped" so far is pretty good. I'm halfway through. It was a rather slow start for me, but the story framework I guess had to be laid out. It picked up REALLY quick when Eva was kidnapped by "Bill" and locked up in that basement with that weird metal table. Man, I don't like medical equipment stuff like that. Major fright scene!! Alek saved her though, but by then I was way too freaked out. 

So far I'm really intrigued. Amber Smoke is a beginning of a new series so there will be other books to follow. They have a touch of mythology to them. So far I've been introduced to the Furies, Tartarus and the Oracle of Pythia. Hmmmm...very intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment