Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome to The Library Larvae! This blog is new, but I am not. I've been playing around on Of Pen and Parchment which is a website/blog for writers AND readers since both rely on each other. I thought that it would be interesting to have a blog that reflects both reading and writing, but that has turned into quite a hard task and I find myself gravitating more towards the reading side. Of Pen and Parchment has a website as well and I think that I may keep the website, but the blog may go.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I love books! You know those little ball pits? Well, I'd love to roll around in a book pit!! I've been a reader all of my life and I'm SO jealous that today's youth has some pretty amazing books to read. I grew up with Judy Blume who really wasn't so bad, but today we have Rick Riordan and Brandon Mull and Chris Grabenstein and SO many others!! Books today are fantastical and adventurous and you know what?...I attribute J. K. Rowling and Harry Potter for ushering it all in. I really believe children's literature took a turn with the Harry Potter series and it has become every bit as interesting as adult fiction.

Oh about me...I don't think age is important at this point. Let's just say I'm older than the target audience of most of the books that I read.

I'm married with two teens. One is a reader (kinda) and one truly believes that he's allergic to books. He shrieks like a vampire in the summer sunshine when books are mentioned. I work part-time as an assistant librarian in our local elementary school and I also review books and manage the blog for our local book store ~ Edgewater Books. Once a month I check out the middle school book club at our local library. I really look forward to those meets. I enjoy listening to the opinions of the kids and it's a small club. I enjoy creating websites, photography, writing and volunteering in my community.  That's my life and that's me!


No comments:

Post a Comment