Wednesday, November 18, 2015

For Review - Update


The Night Gardener
By Jonathan Auxier

I had to read this last month. It was my book club's book and since I had some work I had to do, I didn't finish it. Trying to kill two birds with one stone...it's also a Advanced Reader Copy SO I can catch up with my book club AND review at the same time. 

This book is CREEPY!!! Great spooky book for this time of year. The target audience is 10+ which I think is pretty good. A young 10 may be a little too freaked out. Nothing "bad" happens (well, so far). It's just creepy with shadows and I strange guy and stuff like that. So far, a book mom or dad would have to browse through and make up their own minds. I can see it giving kids nightmares or at the very least, making sleep a little hard to come by on a school night. 

I think the storyline is extremely creative and written exceptionally well. Not too much given out and details slowly drawn out to give that feeling of suspense. I'm digging it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment