Tuesday, May 5, 2020

All Hail Midnight Sun!!!


I am NOT a bandwagon type of girl, BUT the Twilight Series deserves it and I will bow down to the literary gods in praise of this miracle that persuaded Stephenie Meyer to finish writing this and present it to her public. Overdramatic? A bit. Well deserved? YA!

As with any book series that comes into mass hysteria, I try to stay away from. I do not like doing the mainstream thing. When Harry Potter came out, I was like...hmmm, I gotta see what the fuss is all about. The Chamber of Secrets had just been released in paperback and I bought that and the Sorcerer's Stone...both in paperback. Now I have repeatedly said here that I am a HORRIBLY slow reader. I fall asleep when I read...whether I am tired or not. I can read the SAME paragraph about 10 times and THEN I start to yawn and my eyes water up and then I can't see! Reading can be a nightmare for me and I love it SO much! BUT...Harry Potter...totally devoured both books in a week and stalked the bookstore when Prisoner of Azkaban was due out. Amazon started coming out the with free shipping ON the day of publication and I'd order the books in advance and perch on my front doorstep just waiting for the Harry Potter man to show up...or the mailman...whatever you call him. I'd be done the book in 3 days and it wouldn't even look like it had been touched.

When I finished reading The Deadly Hallows, it was like the end of a long voyage. I mean, I grew up with these kids! They were just babies when they started Hogwarts! I cried. I laughed. I was a damn mess! And all while we were driving to North Carolina on vacation. The kids would just watch  me from the back seat. It was emotional.

Then there came Twilight. Nope! Not going to do it. I am NOT going to read this silly series and I am NOT going to pick my "team" or whatever. No way.

I am Team Edward.

Curiosity got the best of me. I would wake up at 3 in the morning and crawl out like a junkie to read a few chapters. It was bad. What would Bella do? I want my own vampire boyfriend! Are all werewolves built like that? I was crazy. And like every good series it had to end and there is much sadness. BUT there was hope! Ms. Meyer had ANOTHER book planned! The Twihards rejoiced! Now we would get a chance to read what Edward was thinking! Team Edward (that's me) cheered! And then it happened...

...a leak.

The new book got shut down as quick as Edward running a marathon! 

...until now...
...bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment