Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Top 5 of 2015

I thought I posted this!! I am so sorry!!!

My Top 5 Books of 2015

1. Counting By 7's by Holly Goldberg Sloan
          * No matter how smart Willow was, she didn't have control over everything. I loved that she had a horrible thing happen to her, but made some beautiful things come out of it. It was a heart-warming story of people helping people.

2. Alistair Grim's Odditorium by Gregory Funari
          * This was a very odd book, but end was well worth it. Family can be found in some strange places. It's not always a birthright.

3. The Night Gardner by Jonathan Auxier
          * Terrifying!! But in a creepy way. No blood or gore, but old-time spooky.

4. Bruised by Sarah Skilton
          * Very real and very emotional. I loved when Ricky told Imogen that "You're bruised," he says, "It means you're alive. The body can't bruise once the heart stops beating."

5. Ice Dogs by Terry Lynn Johnson
     * I'm usually not an animal story person. In fact, I don't like them at all. I read Ice Dogs because it was a book my book club was reading for Maryland Black-Eyed Susans. I was totally surprise. It was a great story and nothing like what I had first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment