Sunday, February 21, 2016

Nearly Gone

Nearly Gone (Nearly Gone, #1)Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, I'd like to say...Wow! With that being said, Nearly Boswell lives in a trailer park with her stripper mom. Her greatest concern is winning a scholarship which is only shared with scoping the personal ads in hope of connecting with her father she barely remembers. Instead, she finds cryptic messages that lure her away from her safe world into a world of murder and into the arms of a "bad element". Nearly has to solve the riddles and follow the clues that will lead her to the killer.
"Nearly Gone" by Elle Cosimano has found a comfortable place on my favorites list. I always know it's great book when I realize I'm not breathing. The storyline is so twisted that you NEED to get to the end to figure out what's going on. The characters just jump out of the pages. I totally fell for Reece Whelan. I was SO relieved he made it through the book! The new found romance between Nearly and Reece transported me back to my own teen years when I had the hope (which Nearly didn't really want the attention) of attracting the attention of a brooding bad boy. I loved that the book was smart. I don't want to give away the puzzle, but it was crazy clever. I liked that the kids were smart. Being smart doesn't always equate to a boring nerd. In the end, everything wrapped up nicely and I wanted more. Thankfully, there is a second book..."Nearly Found"...and yes, I already have it on hold at the library. "Nearly Gone" by Elle Cosimano is a must read and...it's definitely worth it (read the book).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment