Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Lunch Snoop

I was snooping through Goodreads at lunch the other day and found some pretty spiffy news.

The third and final installment of Gordon Korman's Masterminds will be published 7 March. I'm notorious for reading the first book in a series and leaving it at that and I'm totally guilty of it once again. Masterminds #1 was incredible. I can only describe it as children's dystopia. Basically, it's about a group of kids who find out that they were cloned from a group of criminal masterminds and raised in a "perfect" community to see if environment has more of play than genetics in determine how someone develops. Brilliant plot!

Also, coming out 14 March is Dragonwatch which is the 6th book in Brandon Mulls' Fablehaven series. The last book was published in 2010! Yes, I read the first book and it was really good. Fablehaven is about two kids who are forced to stay with a grandfather that they don't really know and then they find out that he lives on a magical farm/reserve. It's a great book if you like fantasy and I especially appreciate that the magical creatures are not you're sing-song Disney characters. It's very much like the Spiderwick Chronicles, but longer and more in depth. If you like fantasy, then I 100% recommend the Fablehaven series!

March looks like an exciting month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment