Saturday, February 4, 2017

Exciting Stuff!

Very exciting news. I just started (well, it's been since last year) reviewing advanced copies from the online source NetGalley. Before that I was getting ARCs from my friend's book shop. He doesn't really get many anymore so I went looking for another place to get advanced copies and I found NetGalley! It's a neat little website that I really like for many reasons. The first being I enjoy reading and try to make time which is difficult with two kids. Second, since I read and review children and teen books, I see a lot of them hit the shelves where I work. I work in an elementary school library and I volunteer with a teen book club. Both of these places I enjoy talking about the advance copies I read and recommend them to the main librarians. Third, I get to read some really great books! Well, last week I put in to review the new book, The Suffering Tree, from Elle Casimano and I was accepted!! I was so stoked! Elle Casimano wrote the book Nearly Gone which I fell in love with. OMG!! What a book!! If you haven't read it, then you just have to! It was one of those books that just really stuck in my mind and I couldn't stop thinking about it. There is a sequel, Nearly Found, that I haven't read yet. It's on my summer reading list. My job requires a certain amount of reading so I read what I like during the summers when I'm off.

Right now, I'm reading the ARC for The Bone Witch so I'll start The Suffering Tree after that, but I am too excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment