Saturday, January 28, 2017

Just Have To Say...

My current book club book is I Will Always Write Back by Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda. I'm about halfway through and had to mention that this book is REALLY good! You know, this book club year has been kinda weird.

First, I'm not sure if I've explained, but I volunteer at my public library with the middle school book club. We read the Maryland Black-Eyed Susan Award Nominees and they are incredible books. I can always trust that the books on the list are amazing, but sometimes I'm not too jazzed about them at first. Personally, I LOVE this! I love to HAVE to read a book and reluctantly begin to read only to be pulled into the pages. This is one of those books.

I Will Always Write Back is about pen pals, one in the U.S. and one in Zimbabwe, and how their lives change through their pen pal letters back and forth. Sounds exciting huh? I have a hard time putting the book down! The book is written in chapters that go back and forth between Caitlin and Martin. Yes, those are the authors! It's a true story!

So far, it really is an amazing read. I just had to mention it because it was quite a surprise. If you have a chance, then pick up a copy!


I Will Always Write Back
By Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda

No comments:

Post a Comment