Saturday, June 4, 2016

ADD and Reading

Yes, I probably do have ADD. I probably have ADHD because I don't sit well. I'm also an avid reader. I love it! The problem? It's hard to sit still and read. I've tried reading on the treadmill. That didn't work. It's really hard to read while walking on a treadmill. Not impossible mind you...just difficult. I would try audio books, but I don't like to be read to. I have a hard time understanding the spoken word without hand gestures and facial expressions. What is strange is that I never had this problem when I was younger. When I was younger, I could sit all day and read in a corner. Now-a-days, um...nope...got things to do!

Is anyone else like this?

Well, if you are 1) I'm sorry. It stinks. 2) I may have a help for you. Nothing says you have to sit and read an entire novel in one sitting, but a little bit does go a long way! Try chapter reading. When you wake up in the morning...read a chapter. When you're cleaning the house or doing homework...take a break and read a chapter. Before you go to bed...read a chapter. Before you know it, you will be through the entire novel in a week!!

Try it! The next time you are having a hard time staying with a book for a long time...read it chapter by chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment