Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Holiday Haul 2016!!

 Every good reader gets a few good books under the ol' tree and I am definitely no different! I'm thrilled that I didn't get any duplicates this year! My husband has bought me Divergent for 2 years in a row despite the fact that I had already read the book. BUT since I loved it, I kept the copies and decided to collect the series! This year my daughter went with my husband to the book store and I was finally able to get book 2 - INSURGENT!! Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to read it!!

Along with Insurgent, I got a biography on Benjamin Franklin by Walter Isaacson. Walter Isaacson is PHENOMENAL when it comes to biographies!! He did a great job with Steve Jobs. Although the book was HUGE, it was captivating all the way to the end. He is completely unbiased, but entertaining without filler. Just good reading if you are interested in the person that you are reading about. I checked out the Benjamin Franklin bio from the library a couple years ago and read 2 chapters before I knew that I had to own a copy. There was just way too much that needed highlighting! Ben was an amazing man!!

The last book I got was City of Bones which is the first book in The Mortal Instruments series. I've been wanting to read this series. I really wanted the next book in the Endgame series, Sky Key, but my daughter and husband couldn't find it in paperback. City of Bones was a great second choice.

So what books did you get?



No comments:

Post a Comment