Saturday, December 5, 2015

Hardback or Paperback

I'm going to take a break from the books for a second. What is your opinion? Hardback or paperback? Which do you prefer to read? Which do you prefer to buy?

I was writing out some gift ideas for me for my family when I started thinking about a few books that I would like. I don't buy too many books simply because I hoard them and refuse to get rid of them. We had our home built in 1997 and I happily carried in about 4 large boxes stuffed with books. My husband was less than thrilled and vehemently encouraged me to get rid of them. All? How about just some. It was rough, but I whittled away my collection. Unfortunately, years later I go back to look for a book I thought I had, but don't anymore. I'll never get rid of books again unless I am SURE that I'm done with them. Back to the point...I do have a few collections and the format the first book comes in, is what I continue the series in. All my Harry Potters are first edition hardbacks. I started the first two books in paperback and fell in love with the series and bought the hardback editions to continue the collection in hardback. Anyway, the other night I was thinking about The Land of Stories which is a series by Chris Colfer. I have the first two books in paperback and would like to continue the series like that. It's interesting to ask myself why some books I prefer to collect in hardback and some in paperback.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment