Monday, March 12, 2018

Seven Rules You Absolutely Must Not Break If You Want to Survive the Cafeteria

Seven Rules You Absolutely Must Not Break If You Want to Survive the Cafeteria
By John Grandits
Illustrations By Michael Allen Austin

If you are familiar with this book's predecessor (Ten Rules You Absolutely Must Not Break if You Want to Survive the School Bus), then you are ready to take on the cafeteria. Although Seven Rules... is pretty good, I do think it falls short of the first book. I wasn't quite sure about the insect comparisons and I would have liked to see the story go a little further. For example, trash cans and recycle cans or the 'peanut table'. I think this would be a good book for new students who are a little leery of the whole cafeteria scene. It's a cute book though and, as always, I good read.

I definitely recommend this book especially during the first week of school if you are a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment