Thursday, April 13, 2017

It's Voting Time!!!

In Maryland, we have the Black-Eyed Susan Award in which the winner is picked by the kids. The books are insanely good and most of the public schools in my area participate in the program. Well...most of the elementary schools. We tend to lose our middle and high schoolers. The kids have to read at least 3 in order to vote.

In the elementary school I work at, we were able to read about 10-12 of the picture books with the kids. A good number of 4th and 5th graders were able to read the novel and graphics and about 13 have read all 10 novels and all 10 graphic novels!!

I volunteer at the public library with a middle school book club and we have read 10 of the grades 6-9 books. The only ones we weren't able to get to were the Book Scavenger and Nightbird.

I thought it would be fun to put the poll out to all of you! For my poll though, you can be any age and vote in any category or vote in all! You have until 30 April. 

At the beginning of May, I'll announce the winners for The Library Larvae's poll and who won the Black-Eyed Susan Award. I'll also post next year's nominees!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment