Saturday, February 13, 2016

I Remember Why I Liked Books As A Child

When I was younger I read. I READ! I would sit inside on cold winter days and just read all day long. My favorite book was Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. I LOVED horses and I could BE a horse through reading that book...although, at times, it wasn't very good to be a horse. The best part of reading was becoming someone or something else. I was reading last night and was reminded of that.

I'm reading the book "Nearly Gone" by Elle Cosimano and this book is really good, but it brought feelings from when I was a teen. Those feeling of being awkward and unsure. I was transported back into time to my high school days and although I went through NOTHING like what was in the book, there were a few things that were very familiar that I thought I had forgotten.

I guess this means that books can be a fountain of youth too!

No comments:

Post a Comment